Job Summary (Description of main purpose of job):
• To promote a caring environment for service users through high standards of professional practice which are conducive to the physical, emotional, social, intellectual and spiritual needs of the service users.
• To ensure that each service user receives care appropriate to their individual needs and service user plan.
• To comply with the Health & Social Care Act 2008 and the Fundamental Standards of Quality and Safety.
As a Support Worker for Bradbury Outreach Services Ltd you will need to possess a caring and flexible nature. You will be required to provide support and assistance to a wide variety of service users with a range of differing learning & physical disabilities in various different settings.
As a Support Worker you must have the following qualities, skills & knowledge:
• Able to accept responsibility.
• Work well within a team and on your own initiative.
• Common sense.
• Flexibility & Reliability.
• Respect for service user’s dignity and independence.
• Understanding that service users have different & individual needs.
• Able to adhere to the policies & procedures of different organisations when on assignment for Bradbury Outreach Services Ltd.
• Maintain a professional and confidential approach at all times.
• Have an understanding of the Health & Social Care Act 2008 and the Fundamental Standards of Quality and Safety.
• Have an understanding of the latest best practice when working with vulnerable adults.
• Understand that when on assignment you represent Bradbury Outreach Services Ltd.
You will be expected to be part of a team and will carry out any reasonable duty required of you whilst on assignment.
Duties may include (but are not limited to):
• To support service users in the taking of decisions in matters which affect their lifestyle.
• To undertake activities as are detailed in individual care plan and/or timetables. Plus ensuring that all paperwork relating to these tasks is completed on time and to a suitability sufficient standard.
• To promote relationships which enable each service user to participate in the life of the local community to the best of their ability.
• To ensure the provision of healthcare arrangements this includes the recording and administration of prescribed medications.
• Encourage and support service users to live as fully and independently as possible within the local community, providing information, emotional, organisational and practical support and training as appropriate.
• Contribute to the protection of service users from abuse, follow policies and procedures and comply with external professional guidance i.e. CQC
• Advocate for service users where appropriate.
• Apply anti-discriminatory practices at all times.
• Ensure service users understand their contracts, their rights and obligations.
• To assist service users who need help with personal tasks such as dressing, undressing, bathing, feeding and using the toilet where necessary.
• Liaise, consult with and actively support service users, encouraging participation in decision making processes.
• Support service users to deal appropriately with their housemates and/or neighbors.
• To undertake other such duties as are within the scope of the spirit of the job purpose, the title of the post and it’s grading.
• To always promote and uphold the ethos and best practice of Bradbury Outreach Services Ltd.
Staff and team work
• Work within a team, supporting colleagues and attending all necessary meetings, recording and sharing information appropriately and confidentially.
• Keep up to date with issues relevant to housing & support, welfare benefits, care home standards as specified by CQC and other relevant legislation.
• To undertake all core training required for this post and other training and professional development activities as required.
• Undertake other delegated tasks that fall within your capabilities.
• To be aware of Bradbury Outreach Services Ltd values, policies & procedures at all time and always to carry out duties accordingly.